Cognizant hiring for ASSOCIATE PROJECTS
Qualification:Bachelors in engineering or equivalent
Requirement Gathering/ Analysis :
- Understand application, technologies involved in application.
- Collect nonfunctional requirements (such as response time, throughput numbers, user load, etc) through discussions with SMEs, business users.
- Analyse production/ application logs to understand usage pattern and derive nonfunctional requirements.
- Identify businesscritical testable scenarios and derive workload model for same.
- Identify opportunities to adopt PACE Solution accelerators and provide feedback based on requirement analysis.
- Share inputs from project planning perspective with Test Lead/Architect (in case of longterm projects).
- Review requirements and provide inputs on proposal with architect (In case of shortterm projects).
- Participate in KT calls to understand the requirements.
Design and Development/ Execution and Recommendation :
- Design and Development (Test execution/ Planning): Review test plan prepared by Test Analyst and recommend appropriate test to be conducted, environment to be used etc.
- Identify tools that to be used.
- Develop proof of concept for particular scenarios, if required and seek approval from Architect.
- Review test scripts developed by test engineer/ test analyst to ensure alignment with test strategy.
- Review test environment setup and test data prepared by engineer.
- Design and Development (SDLC): Conduct code profiling to identify bottlenecks and troubleshoot same.
- Provide recommendations to developer on code constructs to optimise performance.
Test Execution and Recommendation:Interpret test results, identify bottlenecks and suggest additional diagnostic tests that need to be conducted to uncover performance issues
Knowledge Sharing :
- Conduct knowledge sharing sessions on new technologies with other teams.
- Create case study and associated collaterals on completed projects.
- Provide inputs on evaluations tools/ technologies that can be used to Architect.
- Organize KT sessions for new team members.
- Mentor ELTs and new joinees.
- Attend selftraining to ensure high standards of communication and business etiquette are maintained always.
- Support in maintaining the CoE website.
- Collect and present technical artefacts on performance and scalability from various sources.
- Contribute to knowledge repository and tools.
- Identify opportunities to adopt PACE Solution accelerators and provide feedback to improve the same.
Enablement Activities :
- Technical learning.
- a) Learn and Understand one under each category of the following technologies.
- a Appserver Websphere/Weblogic/Tomcat/JBOSS.
- b Language Java/Net/C++/Perl/C#.
- c Database Oracle/DB2/SQL/MYSQL.
- d Operating System Windows / Unix.
- b) Complete PE L0 CCP on Performance Engineering.
- c) Learn and understand Performance testing, NFR management and profiling concepts.
- d) For Mainframe associates, Learn and understand mainframe related technologies and AS400.
- Tools Learning.
- a Load Testing like LoadRunner/Webload/OpenSTA/Silk Performer.
- b Profiling like Jprofiler/Optimizit/DotTrace/Jprobe.
- c Analysis Tools like GCViewer/ Heap analyzer / Thread Analyzer Statspack/DBMon/SQLProfiler.
- d Monitoring Tools like NetMon/PerfMon/Unix perfmonitoring.
Architecture & Design of Applications:
- a Understand Design patterns.
- Specific design patters for specific technologies (eg EJB Design patters etc) should be mastered Understanding of where to use them and their advantages and disadvantages.
- b Understand Data Modeling.
- Data Modeling for OLTP and OLAP databases Basic concepts for efficient data.
- modeling including Normalization and Denormalization.
- c Understand the Internals of One Application Server, One Operating System and One.
- Database Server.
Must Have Skills
- NFT Process
Good To Have Skills
- Performance Validation
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Oct 07 2022
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.