Backend Java Engineer – Microservices
Telstra is Australia’s leading telecommunications and technology company, with operations in more than 20 countries. At Telstra, we believe the more connected people are, the more opportunities they have. That’s why we help create a brilliant, connected future for everyone, every day. We’ve implemented an IT strategy that employs leading-edge software engineering practices to help deliver a superior customer experience with improved trust and speed of delivery, lower cost, and simplified architecture, systems and processes.
Our Software Engineering team plays a key role in the success of Telstra’s IT Strategy where persistent cross functional teams continuously innovate their domain capability with rapid time to value and high re-usability.
About the role
We are looking for Software Engineering Specialist, your role centres on collaborating with your team to deliver Software Engineering products and solutions that delight our customers. You play a key role in helping to understand customer requirements and transform epics into new product and capability features. Your teamwork and collaboration skills, continuous learning and improvement mindset, and ability to adapt to feedback are critical to success in this role, as you develop your knowledge and experience in the Software Engineering Domain.
Your key responsibilities and major tasks include, but are not limited to
- As a backend Java developer, you will work within a specific problem space critical to Telstra’s current needs where you will design, develop, and deploy backend services with a focus on scalability, high availability, and low latency.
- Review and integrate all application requirements, including functional, security, integration, performance, quality, and operations requirements.
- Apply engineering best practices such as Agile, CI/CD, and DevOps as part of a high performing motivated team.
- Continually develops capability both against current demand and the technology/business capability roadmaps provided.
- Collaborate and grow in a dynamic and autonomous environment while working in small, agile, and cross functional teams
- Pivot to working on new features and developments, to providing production support in the production and pre-production environments assisted by all team members. This responsibility is equally shared by all members of the team.
- Use the latest technologies to solve real problems for our customers at a large scale
- Be part of a feature team that will take full operational responsibility for the services that you own, and potentially take part in an on-call rotation
- Share your knowledge and build creative solutions while helping the team evolve best practices
To thrive in this role, we are looking for candidates with the following experience and skills:
Essential skills and Experience
- Minimum 2 year experience in this area
- Must have strong Java programming background (preferably Java 8+)
- Preferred Frameworks – Spring Boot
- Unit Testing, Integration testing and Automated testing.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment
- Microservices development – HTTP, REST API design and implementation
- Comfortable to operate in an agile, dynamic environment
- Database – Postgres / NoSQL – Couchbase, MongoDB, RDS
- Strong debugging and analysis skills
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Team work and stakeholder management skills
- Domain knowledge of Telecom.
- Understanding & exposure on AWS cloud Services such as EC2, ECR, ECS, VPC, IAM, Route 53, RDS, DynamoDB CloudWatch etc.
- Secure coding practices
- Application monitoring and logging
- Jira, Bamboo, Bitbucket/Git, Linux shell
- Docker, Apigee ,AWS – Lambda
Why join us?
Working at Telstra brings endless opportunities to develop and grow your career with us in a creative and a success-based culture. We’re growing, fast, and for you, that means many exciting opportunities to develop your career with us.
You’ll value and benefit from working with a diverse team, in an organisation where individual differences are embraced and respected. Here, your ideas are encouraged, and you’ll be able to collaborate with a team of peers in initiatives that do extraordinary things for our customers and communities.
If this role sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you to discuss this great opportunity- your next step is to apply!
Telstra is committed to Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) in all its forms. Our goal is to have diverse teams thriving in an inclusive culture that truly represents our customers and the community. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce in all its forms. We encourage applicants from diverse gender, cultural and linguistic backgrounds and applicants who may be living with a disability. We also offer flexibility in all our roles, to ensure everyone can participate.
This role requires the successful candidate to be vaccinated against Covid-19, to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people and customers. However, please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances
- घर बैठे ऑनलाइन करें हर महीने 60,000 रुपये तक कमायें 2022
- Top 5 Affiliate Marketing Program In India 2022
- Wishing Website क्या है और इससे पैसे कैसे कमाये? 2022
- एंड्राइड मोबाइल से पैसे कैसे कमाए 2022
- MS Word 2010 Download
- एंड्राइड मोबाइल से पैसे कैसे कमाए 2022
- Microsoft Powerpoint 2010 Free Download
- Download and Install IDM for PC in 2022
- Download & Install Wondershare Filmora X in 2022
- Office 2016 Pro Plus Free Download in 2022
- Adobe XD CC 2021 Free Download
- Adobe Premiere Pro 2022 Free Setup Download
- Unity 3D Pro Free Download in 2022
- TeamViewer Crack Version Download In Free 2022
- Digital Image Processing Multiple choice Questions unit wise 2021 AKTU
- How to Download and Install IDM for PC in 2022
- How to Download & Install Wondershare Filmora X in 2022
- Airlines Reservation System Java Project with Source Code
- All Unit MCQ’s of Data Compression AKTU Exam 2021
- HOW TO FIXED PROBLEM: Windows Update service missing (not listed) in